I made a fire fairy costume but I made all of the pieces seperate so that the costume would be very versitile. When the dress is stripped down and the correct underpinnings are used under it, it can pass as an evening dress from the 1870s. When Im ready to use it as a ballgown, I'll add a little lace around the neckline and shoulders and a pair of opera gloves.
This was another recycling project. The dress is made almost entirely of scraps with exception of the polyester satin underskirt. I didnt have any scraps large enough for that. The dress includes scraps of red organdy, burn out, silk chiffon, velveteen, rayon tassels and ribbons that I had lying around.