This costume is very versatile. I wore it to one event as a Fire Fairy and to another the same day as a Phoenix. I also had people ask if I was a red sprite, Sun Angle, etc. Part of the reason this costume is so very versatile is that I made it in separate pieces. The satin under skirt is separate from the over draped over skirt. I thought I might want to go without the underskirt for a more burlesque look. The piece on the front of the neckline is also separate. Without it the bodice looks much more historical (image #4) The wings and bodice are also separate pieces. In image #5 I went without my petticoat and bum pad and looped the underskirt up over the rose on the front of the dress (pictured with petticoat in images #1,2,3). The other event was a costume ball so I used my underpinnings and kept my skirt down. Most people make wings coming from the back of a costume. I took a different approach. The wings come right up out of the front of the corset giving them more visual impact. It also means that they can be lifted right out of the corset if needed for safety or moving through a crowd as well as to perform a ethereal fan dance (image #5). This costume took longer to make than anything else I have made. The wings are made from bamboo that I staked down and tied so that it actually grew into the shape that I wanted for the wings. I thought the bamboo would grow much faster than it actually did. It took over a year before I was willing to cut it down. The materials included scraps of red organdy, burn out, silk chiffon, velveteen, tassels and ribbon that I had lying around. I purchased the deep red polyester satin for the underskirt and the Lurex netting for the wings. I did my hair with red hairspray, glitter and twisty pipe cleaners. I used red rhinestone bindis for my eyes.