Byron's SCA tunic 2009
When I made the previous tunic, I had the good fortune to be working on Tannhauser at SF Opera. This time I had to come up with my own embellishment so I asked Byron what he wanted. He wanted Pokemon of course so I borrowed an idea from my friend Kamille Hitz who had made some Spiderman tunics for her son. I have been keeping track of what I buy as part of my new years resolution this year. As the year has gone along, I have found that costuming represents a great deal of the durable resources that I consume so I have been trying even harder to use salvaged materials when possible. This tunic is made from a scrap of Pokemon fabric purchased from an individual on Ebay. The blue base fabric was a curtain purchased from a thrift store and the grey pants are made from a scrap left over from a duvet cover I cut up as part of costuming for Brisbane Dance Workshops this year. Only the elastic in the pants was new. See Also Byron's SCA Tunic from 2007.